Friday, May 25, 2012

Passing Time

My mom had come to St. Louis Wednesday night and stayed with us, thinking that the baby was coming very soon.  When he didn’t come, she took Audrey back to Greenville with her yesterday and will keep her through the weekend; the plan was always to drop Audrey off with my parents tonight so Billy and I could go to a wedding tomorrow sans child.  The unexpected non-event just extended Audrey’s visit.

With Audrey gone, Billy and I are trying to enjoy our evenings and our time together.  As disappointing as it is that baby boy hasn’t arrived, we are trying to take advantage of these few quiet nights together.  Last night, Billy started work on a boat mobile for baby boy’s room and I worked on re-organizing Audrey’s room since the rest of her furniture was delivered on Wednesday.  I’ve also been able to get some laundry done and a few other small things, which has been nice.  I've also found time for frequent blog posts.  It helps me to stay busy and focus on what I can get done in this additional time that we have now. I guess it’s really a distraction, but at least it is productive and useful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment