Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Wait and See

There are many words to refer to the point I’ve reached in this pregnancy:  the home stretch, the waiting game, the last yard, torture, the last leg, and, my personal favorite, the final countdown (queue guitar riff from the Europe song).  I always try to be the type of person that focuses on the positives and doesn’t get bogged down by the negatives, but let’s be honest, at 8 ½ months pregnant, hormones make that almost impossible.  I won’t even pretend that I am handling this last month of pregnancy gracefully; in fact, I am constantly complaining.  I am extremely short-tempered and so exhausted that I can’t be anything but completely blunt.  I just don’t have enough energy to waste time beating around the bush.  I do, however, have the energy to insist on vacuuming the entire first floor when Barrett’s sand-filled shoes seemingly explode. 

Despite my hormonal insanity, my husband has taken it all in stride.  When he sees that I don’t have the patience to take care of the kids, he jumps in to help.  When I tell him exactly what I think of his idea for dinner, he just comes up with another idea.  And, when I start nesting, he nests right along with me. 

Our joint nesting has resulted in the completion of the nursery.  I have mentioned a couple of the projects we’ve done in previous posts, but the room is now ready for the baby.  The furniture is in, artwork is hung, and all of the necessities are strategically placed for easy access.   I am really pleased with the way my vague concept of bold colors and patterns has come together in such a cohesive way.   Here is the photographic evidence.  And, if you don’t agree, I wouldn’t recommend saying anything to me about it at this point, because you probably won’t like the response you get J

No comments:

Post a Comment