Friday, March 18, 2016

It Only Takes a Song

When I was pregnant with both Audrey and Barrett, there were popular songs from the time that really resonated with me through the months leading up to their arrival.  They were songs that made me think fondly of the baby I was carrying and the anticipation I had for their birth.  For Audrey, that song was I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.  For Barrett, the song was Beautiful, Beautiful by Francesca Battistelli.  Even when I hear those songs today, it takes me back to the days when I was pregnant with my two oldest children.  I am flooded with the emotions and memories of what life was like and how I felt. 

For some reason, with Baby #3, I have not found a song that conjures the same emotions.  It isn't for lack of trying either.  There are many great songs that are popular today, and many that spark certain emotion for me.  It's just that none of them stir the emotion that I have in carrying this child.  The songs for Audrey and Barrett just came so naturally; I wasn't trying to find them.  This time, I didn't really try to find one until about a month ago when I realized that this baby didn't have a song.  I know it sounds silly, but I don't want him to be left out.  So, I'll keep seeking the perfect tune to remind me of this pregnancy and this child whenever I hear it. I just keep hoping the emotion will hit me when I hear his song.

No comments:

Post a Comment