Monday, November 25, 2019

Thankful for the Silliness

One of the things that I have recently tried to be intentional about is giving thanks, even for the small, silly things that make me smile. I did this a few months back, because I realized that I would often go through an entire day without truly appreciating the many good things that happened and only focus on the bad/frustrating/stressful things. So, throughout the day I may thank God for having money to buy lunch when I forget to bring it, or finding a good parking spot when it's raining, or even a friend or coworker I talk to that is a joy to be around. Interestingly enough, I find it much harder to give thanks once I get home. It seems like we're always running all over trying to stay on top of all the logistics. I guess it's because home is so familiar and the people are so familiar, it is easy to overlook the blessings.

So, while I am blessed with so much, one thing that I've found really is a blessing in disguise is my family's silliness.  Now, don't get me wrong, when I am on a mission to get out the door, the silliness all but kills me. But, as long as the silliness is well placed and not prohibiting forward progress, it really does help keep things in perspective. I love the silly songs, Fletcher running around the house pretending to be "Captain Underpants" and the dog running around the house so fast he slams into the wall (this happens at least once a day). The kids have also figured out how to take pictures and videos on my phone. So, when I go through  my pictures, I often find hidden gems. So, in celebration of the silliness that can lighten the heavy weight of life, here are a few of my favorites that I have found over the course of the past couple of weeks.

In this picture, Captain Underpants is relaxing on the couch, legs crossed at the ankles as he lounges, and you can see his dad in the background looking at his phone.



In the next photos, you can see Audrey practicing her best selfie faces.  There is Angry, Excited, and goofy shown here.






I also have a lot of photos of Fletcher's forehead. Every once in a while I get more of his whole face, but it's usually just the forehead and eyes.







Barrett prefers making videos, but lately he has been trying to get Fletcher to film him.  Unfortunately for Barret, his cameraman does not have steady hands or a long attention span.


Billy also gets into the action from time to time and sends me selfies at random times.


With all of the selfies, I thought I'd share one I recently took with the boys that really made me smile. I do love my kiddos sand all of their goofiness. They are such a blessing!


No comments:

Post a Comment