Saturday, March 16, 2019

Thawing Out

It seems like the frigid winter of 2019 is finally coming to a close. We've definitely had fun playing in all of the snow, relaxing on the many snow days, and sipping lots of hot cocoa.


I've frequently pondered whether I like having more actual winter weather or not.  I was leaning toward liking it, when Billy went out to straighten up the yard today. I knew it didn't look great, but I didn't realize just how bad it was until he started cleaning it up.  All of the moisture from the snow and ice coupled with having dogs out there on a regular basis means that the grass is torn up.  We've lived 6 winters in this house and never had anything like this happen.  Thus, the only conclusion I can draw is that it has to do with the long, cold, and wintery winter we just had.  

Well, at least we know the dogs enjoyed themselves in the snow too!  I seriously have never seen a dog just lay in the snow like Tripper does.  He loves playing in the snow as much as the kids do!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment