Monday, March 25, 2019

I'ts FINALLY Spring!

Every year, I think I am the most excited about spring I've ever been, but the next year, I find I am still just as excited.  Well, this year, we had such a long winter that I think the amount of excitement I am feeling about this spring season MIGHT just take the top spot.

The bird feeder we had got destroyed by a combination of the wind, ice, and our dog.  So, Billy bought me a nice metal one.  It reminds us of one of the ones his grandmother used to have down at the lake house.  I really love watching the birds flit about it, although it drives the dogs crazy.



Audrey has been asking to buy flowers to start planting.  Since it's a little early for that, we bought some tulips at the store.  She picked out a bunch in spring pastel colors, and every time she's in the kitchen, I catch her sniffing and looking at them.  They are beautiful, and it is fun to see her so excited about the beauty of God's creation.


The pups are probably the least excited about spring.  They love the warmer weather; in fact, I am pretty sure Tripper could be left outside all day and be perfectly happy. I'd hate to see what our yard would look like though. I think he is a bit sad some days though, because he wants to be outside chasing all of the birds and squirrels, not sitting in the house just watching them.  Tripper has also found a new perch watching kids play at the park.  He's probably keeping an eye on the birds over there too.


Even though the mornings and nights are still a little brisk, I am so thankful it is spring. The grass is getting greener, the trees are starting to bud, and all signs are pointing toward warmer weather all around, as are the longer amounts of sunshine each day.  I can't wait to start spending more time outside at the park, riding bikes, and visiting all of the fun local attractions.  Spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment