Sunday, April 15, 2018

Big Boy Bed

Today marks yet another milestone in Fletcher's young life.  We converted the crib into a toddler bed.  Tonight, for the first time, he is sleeping in a big boy bed that he can get in and out of as he pleases.  (Queue wailing and gnashing of teeth because I can't even pretend we still have a baby in the house). Fletcher was very distraught at first when he saw his dad take the side off of his crib.  But, once his siblings showed him that he could climb in it himself, he was all about it.


My three children sat in Fletcher's bed together and read books before bedtime to help him feel more comfortable in his converted bed.  He loves sitting in Barrett's bed reading, so this seemed like a natural way to help the transition. I also love seeing the three of them read together.  Not only are they all getting along for 10-15 minutes straight, but they are also doing something that is good for them.  It is seriously one of my favorite things to watch.


We are now almost 1 hour past the first bedtime in the Big Boy Bed, and Fletcher is fast asleep in his bed and didn't get out of bed once after I tucked him in.  I can only hope that this continues to be the case.  I was almost afraid to write this post because I don't want to jinx it.  I'll report back in a couple of weeks to let you know if the first night was the exception or the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment