Sunday, March 25, 2018

Spring Break 2018

As I looked at Facebook over the past week, I have to admit I was envious of all of the families that headed to the beach or Disney or even to visit family on the other side of the country.  I think that had to do largely with the fact that we started the kids spring break at home.  I tried to start it off with something out of the ordinary, but most of my ideas involved being outdoors, and it was rainy and cold.  So, we went and painted pottery and went out to eat for lunch. 


We also went shopping to get Audrey a desk for her room as part of her birthday present to redo her room with a mermaid/ocean theme.  It was a successful shopping trip, but now it puts us under pressure to get her room painted to complete the transformation. I am sure I'll post more pictures once we're done. 


The next couple of days were a mix of playing around the house and running errands.  Wednesday, the kids and Billy went to drop off the dogs in Greenville and visit with our parents. The dogs got to have their own spring break adventure in Greenville while we finished off spring break driving to the western part of our state. I think they enjoyed themselves judging by how tired they were when we picked them up today. I also think they got a fair number of treats, because we got pictures at least daily from my mom of them standing by the treat jar waiting patiently. 


On Thursday, we left to go to Columbia.  We visited the Phi Mu house, walked around campus for a bit, and ate dinner at Flat Branch.  The chokes and cheese is still amazing!


Friday morning, we got up bright and early to head to KC.  Our first stop was Lego Land and Sea Life.  But, for dinner, we got to hang out with some friends we haven't seen in a long time.  We got to see even more friends on Saturday too.  It was so fantastic to see so many friends that live on the other side of the state.  That was when I stopped being so jealous of everyone else's Facebook posts. Times have changed from when we were hanging out with most of these folks in college, but it was so fun to see them and their children.  I have a ton of fun pictures of the KC part of the trip, so I pared it down to a few of my faves.  Sorry to the KA crew, because I didn't snap any pictures when we were together!

What's better than playing with Legos?  How about playing in a pit of foam Legos?!

Seeing our kids with our friends' kids just makes my heart smile. 


A life-sized blue man made of Legos sounds like someone you want to be your friend...right?

Seeing to of my favorite Phi Mu ladies at the same time was a real treat...and the donuts were good too!

Who wants to be an astronaut?  Barrett does look pretty good in a space suit. 

We also managed to stop by Shakespeare's in Columbia on the drive home.  I had almost forgotten just how good their pizza is!  I mostly mention this because I couldn't resist sharing this picture.  


Today, I was pretty sad as we drove home.  It wasn't because I didn't have fun.  No, it was quite the opposite. It was that I enjoyed so much seeing our friends and was so sad that we didn't have more time to spend with them.  I am so thankful that God has put so many amazing people in our lives, and it's awesome that so many of them live near each other in KC. We need to make sure it isn't 2 years before we go back again. So, here's to next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment