Friday, December 29, 2017

Welcome Tripper

Last week, we surprised the kids with a puppy for Christmas.  We're either the coolest or the craziest parents I know.  Somehow, we did keep it a secret even though we've known since October.


Merle Tripper Nance, whom we call Tripper, is just 11 weeks old.  We decided on Tripper because he is our third dog, and Tripper is just a cute name for a cute puppy. He's a liver and white tri-color springer spaniel, which just means he has the lighter brown around his eyes and face.


I am partial, but I seriously think he's one of the cutest puppies I've ever seen.  The contrast of the chocolate brown and white is just adorable. 


But more than looks, he has an amazing personality.  He has all of the playfulness of a puppy, but he is also very relaxed.  He lets the kids pick him up and carry him around.  He will cuddle with them during his frequent naps, and I've only seen him nip them accidentally when they were playing.




We're still working on house-training, but I think he's starting to figure it out.  We're also starting to figure him out too.  He is sleeping in the bed with Billy and I at night, and I woke up this morning with him laying right on my belly.  I don't think he's really partial to any of us at this point.  He really loves all of his humans. I am going to say he likes me the best though because he helped me open my presents at Christmas.


He loves Stella too, and she loves him when she's not eating or sleeping.  That isn't very often, so most of the time he just plays with his humans.  When Stella will run around with him outside or chase a ball with him, he loves it.  It's been fun to watch them running in the show this past week in the back yard.



As crazy as I think we are, I also think we picked the perfect little pup for our family.  He's spunky, loving, easy-going, and smart.  We're so glad that Tripper has come to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment