Sunday, May 7, 2017

Proud Mama

Yesterday we had Chinese food for lunch.  My fortune cookie at the end of the meal told me that someone near me would make me very prourd in the next few days.  I knew that today was a special day for Audrey, but I was still struck by just how much of a proud mama it made me.

At our church, the second graders spend Sunday School learning all about God's word through the Bible.  The children learn about the history and theology of it along with the song wtih the books of the Bible and some memory scripture.  At the end of the year, each child in the class is presented wtih a Bible that is engraved with their name.  I remember going through a similar experience when I was in second grade, and I still have my Bible.  It isn't the one I use every day though; it is King James after all.

Today was "Bible Sunday" for the second graders, which includes Audrey.  Without prompting, she was practicing her memory verses so she'd be ready to recite them in front of the congregation with her class. After we got home today, she went to her room and decided to read her Bible for a few minutes during quiet time instead of one of her books. I love that she is so excited about the Bible.  It makes me smile to see her excitement, and I pray it continues throughout her life.  I can't wait to see how God works in her life and uses her for his purpose.  Way to go Audrey!


No comments:

Post a Comment