Wednesday, December 23, 2015

It's Almost Christmas?

This morning, I woke up to the sound of thunder and flashes of lightening.  Barrett was at my bedside requesting we go to the basement, because the storm was scary.  I convinced him he didn't need to go to the basement, but he did crawl into a bed for a little while. 

Last week, Billy took the kids to the hockey game, and it was colder in the arena than it was outside.


Yesterday, the kids and I spent time at the park enjoying the sunshine and unseasonably warm temperatures.   We weren't he only ones that had that idea either.




Today, it's muggy and rainy.  It feels like April outside, not December. We are inside listening to Christmas music and making holiday crafts (with the assistance of my mother-in-law and Billy's cousin who are much craftier than I), but it still doesn't feel like Christmas could be two days away.  



I was just listening to Bing Crosby sing about having a White Christmas, but I am pretty sure there is no chance we will have a white Christmas in St. Louis this year.  Honestly, having a white Christmas here is not all that common.  Statistically, St. Louis only has chance somewhere between 11 and 25% for a white Christmas each year.  The last white Christmas we had was on 2010. 

Knowing that the weather won't be bringing us a Winter Wonderland anytime soon, it looks like we'll have to set the mood ourselves. Fortunately, we'll be seeing lots of family and friends over the next few days to bring Christmas cheer.  Happy Holidays everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment