Sunday, December 27, 2015

All I want for Christmas...

If you asked my kids prior to Christmas what gifts they would like to receive, these were their responses:
  • Audrey:  An American Girl doll, a new bike, play high heel shoes, crafts, a sewing machine, Junie P Jones books, leg warmers, an EOS Chap stick egg, and of course, Legos amongst other things
  • Barrett:  Hot Dog
Now, I have previously written about Barrett's hot dog infatuation, but I don't think anyone was convinced about how real that was until now.  That isn't to say that Barrett didn't love the gifts he got.  He has been playing a ton with the remote control dump truck, fixed the living room with his tools, and wore his Batman robe around the house after we got home.  Miraculously though, my mom did find him a hot dog.  It is a play grill set that included hot dogs and hamburgers, and Barrett was thrilled.  


Audrey's list was much more typical for a child of her age.  So, I should add that Audrey was lucky enough to get most of the things she asked for and more.  She only got a miniature American Girl doll with three books, but she was still thrilled with that, and from my perspective, that is good practice to see if she can handle a big one.  Besides, she got enough Legos to keep her busy for days and the play shoes that she has worn continuously since she opened them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment