Sunday, April 26, 2015

Good People, Good Times

This weekend was a great reminder of how blessed we are to have so many amazing people in our lives.  As a family, we had friends visit from Kansas City, hung out with the KA, and got to watch the hockey game today with a mix of friends from church and Rolla, who happen to be neighbors (go figure!).  I also got to spend some quality time with my friend Mandi and her newborn son Nolan.

Despite the hustle and bustle, the unexpected issues (like Barrett coming down with strep on Friday) and staying out past my bed time two nights in a row, I had so much fun.  I tend to be very practical, I am not that spontaneous, and anymore, I am not the best at planning ahead.  So, I often find that it has been weeks or months since I have seen some of my dearest friends.  More than that, when I do see them, it is usually at grown-up events like weddings or girls weekends.  That is why this weekend was so refreshing.  Not only did we see our friends, but out kids got to hang out too.  They played together and had fun and started building relationships that I hope they will see through to adulthood.

Here are a few of my favorite photos of the weekend.

Welcoming Nolan
 
At the Zoo




 
Family Fun at the Nances


 
Let's Go Blues! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment