Sunday, September 22, 2013

I Love Fall!

As the title to this post suggests, I love this time of year!  There is something so refreshing about the crisp fall air that cuts through the muggy summer heat.  I grin like a kid when I slip on my jacket before going outside, and I want to be outside all of the time.  I love having the windows open so I can hear the birds outside; even the sound of the locusts is welcomed and almost reassuring.  It all says that fall is here.  Because I want to be outside, I am taking the kids outside with me.  Yesterday we spent about an hour at the park riding bikes and climbing on the jungle gym.  That's right, we were out there for a whole hour and didn't come inside dripping with sweat.  Ahhh...fall is here!

Both of the kids absolutely love their bikes.  Audrey has gotten comfortable with riding, even on the hill that goes around the park.  She coasts down really fast, and can put on her breaks if she gets scared.  She still need to work on using the momentum she builds up to help her get back up the hill on the other side.  Next step is taking off the training wheels. 

 

Barrett likes to climb on his bike, but hasn't figured out the pedals yet.  He just wants someone to push him.  My parents came over yesterday afternoon, and my dad pushed Barrett around on his bike singing the Queen "Bicycle" song.  Barrett couldn't get enough of that. 



I hope we get a few more good weekends like this one to kick back and enjoy the outdoors.  Happy fall everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment