Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fun with the Kids

While Billy was at training this week, the kids and I were home each evening watching the olympics, playing legos, and taking pictures.  Here are some highlights.

-When the Olympics came on last night, Audrey asked, "Where is Missy Frankin?"  I know she was referring to swimmer Missy Franklin, but I had no idea she knew who that is. Audrey informed me that she not only knows who Missy is, but that she is her favorite. I guess that shows you just how much we've been watching the Olympics. 


-Barrett still prefers the pacifier, but when that is not available, he puts fingers/thumb/hand in is  mouth in its place.  Let's hope that if he does start sucking his thumb that he stops cold turkey at age 3 like his sister.  All it took was a trip to the dentist and for him to tell her that sucking her thumb would mess up her teeth if she doesn't stop before she gets her adult teeth. 


-When Barrett is falling alseep or waking up, he stretches out his fingers and holds up his hands. You can see it in the picture where he is sucking his fingers.  It is almost like he is motioning for you to be quiet or to stop bothering him. 

-In my efforts to get back in shape, maintain a decent amount of sleep, and spend some quality time with both my kiddos, I got creative with my workouts.  I found ways to incorporate a child or two into different excercises so I can get a workout and have fun with the kids at the same time.  Some examples are baby leg lifts, London bridge lifts, several variations on crunches, and baby airplane. 

-Tonight we took some fun pictures.  During the shoot, Barrett's wet diaper leaked on Audrey's bed.  It was only a spot about 1 inch in diameter, but Audrey started getting upset.  I quickly reminded her that she had just wet her bed last night, and it was completely soaked so I had to wash all of it.  That quickly calmed her down.  That was her first accident in almost two weeks of not wearing pull-ups to bed, so I was pretty pleased she had made it that long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment