Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Big 30

As we celebrate your 30th birthday today, I wanted to write you a note.  I want to tell you just how much I love you.  It is hard to believe that we have been a couple for over 12 years now.  And, while we've been through some tough times, I am so happy to be where we are at...sleep deprivation and all. 

You are endlessly devoted to your family.  I have no doubt that you would do anything for any of us.  I am often amazed by just how passionately you love us, and I hate it when you beat yourself up for not being perfect.  None of us are.  God loves us anyway though, as do we. 

You take every consideration for me.  You never make even somewhat big decisions without asking me.  You also try to make sure that I am taken care of, especially when you have other commitments that keep you away from us.  When you can, you ease the burden on me even if it means bearing more of it yourself. 

I think your mantra is Work Hard, Play Harder.  You are not afraid to get your hands dirty, put in long hours and late nights, or maintain the course even when it's hard.  But, you are also not afraid to be silly and have fun.  You'll pretend to be a witch and chase Audrey around the house, initiate Saturday morning dance parties in the living room, and swim with Audrey even when the water causes both of your lips to turn blue.  Let's not forget to mention your jet ski stunts as well.

Finally, God is in your heart.  I have gotten to see your faith grow and witness your journey with our heavenly Father.  I know that you strive to be a good Christian leader for our household, even when it isn't easy and doesn't always come naturally.  This makes you a good husband, father, and friend. 

I love you and am so thankful that we get to spend our lives together.

Happy Birthday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment