Monday, July 16, 2012

All for Me?

The past few weeks have really been a blessing, despite all of the craziness of traveling and Billy being gone.  I wrote a post last week about how God keeps revealing himself to me, but I continue to be struck again and again by just how amazing it is that God hears my insignificant little prayers.  It is just so exciting to know that even though I am one little person on this people-filled planet, God listens to and answers even my smallest of prayers. 

The latest example of this is last night, I got Barrett down to sleep before 10, which is really good for him.  But, about 15 minutes later, he woke up.  Then, for the next 45 minutes, every time I would be almost asleep, he would wake up and start crying again.  About the fourth time, I was starting to get frustrated, so I said a simple prayer as I crawled back in bed that Barrett would stay asleep, but had very little hope that it would be answered.  I woke up 4.5 hours later to...silence.  Barrett was still alseep!  I had to get up and pump, which was actually an answer to another prayer.  You see, I haven't stored any breastmilk for when I go back to work and Barrett starts going to daycare.  With just 4 weeks to go, I realized  yesterday that I really need to concentrate on building up that supply, but Barrett eats so frequently that it is difficult.  If I pump, there won't be anything left when he wants to eat.  So, all in one night, God showed me twice that even my seemingly insignificant requests are heard.  Barrett slept for 6 hours straight and I got my first bag of milk stored in the deep freeze.  Thank you God for being steadfast, even when I doubt your goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment