Saturday, March 14, 2009

Showers Galore

I have to say, last weekend made me realize just how blessed little Audrey is to have so many people that already love and care about her.  She will never want for love or affection from the family and friends that God has blessed us with. 

The first shower was all "Pickles and Ice Cream."  That was the shower dated 3-7, if you're looking at the pictures.  It was all about food, much of which included favorites of mine:  York peppermint patties, M&Ms, chocolate chip cookies, pretzels and cheese, and of course, pickles and ice cream sundaes.  No, I did not put any pickles on my sundae.  Audrey got some great gifts including a good mix of practical and fun items.  Billy had fun putting together the bottle rack and diaper genie the next day! 

The second shower was in Greenville with family and friends.  I don't think I've ever opened that many gifts at one time, even after our wedding!  Audrey got several hand-made blankets in addition to all of the cute clothes and other necessities.  After both of these showers, I am relieved to say that our baby registry is basically complete.  We are going to run to Babies'r'Us tomorrow to buy the few items we have left. 

I had such a good time last weekend seeing everyone and spending a little more time with you before the baby arrives.  It is hard to believe that next time most of you see me, I will probably have a little baby with me!  Thank you to everyone who helped to plan the showers; I really enjoyed them and am grateful to everyone for the support you've given us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment