Sunday, February 22, 2009

Coming Together

Preparations for the arrival of baby Audrey are coming together.  This weekend, we crossed one big item off of the list...the crib!  Bill and Lana got Audrey a beautiful new crib that they came down Friday night to help us put together.  The mattress hasn't come in yet, but I have already the crib skirt in and the cute baby quilt lying inside of the crib. 

In addition to the crib, we are starting to get many of the other necessities as well.  At times, I think that we could have her tomorrow, and we would be prepared enough.  Other times, I look at the list of baby items we still need and preparations we still need to complete, and I wonder if 39 days is enough time (yes, I know that is only an estimate).  I am sure we will feel better after our upcoming baby showers, as we get more of the baby necessities crossed off of the list. 

Wow...39 days!  The hardest part is the uncertainty about exactly when she'll arrive.  I am pretty convinced, based on statistics for first time pregnancies and my progress so far, that Audrey is going to be a little bit stubborn and will wait until after April 1 to greet us.  The planner in me, however, wants to have everything in place by mid-March just in case she does decide she wants a March birthday.  I guess this is God's first parenting lesson on flexibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment