Saturday, August 24, 2019

When They Were Younger

This time of year, with school and all of the related activities starting up, I always seem to be struck by just how big my kids are getting. And, the younger ones often remind me of the older ones when they were littler.  So, keeping with that train of thought, here are some comparisons that I felt compelled to do when thinking back on when my kiddos were all a bit younger.

When Barrett was going to KECC, we started a tradition of taking pictures with the turtle out front on his first day. We continued the tradition with Fletcher, and I am excited to continue to continue it next year. Here's a side by side of Barrett and Fletch by the same turtle at 3 years old.

 
 
Now, when Audrey's first day when she was 3 was also Barrett's first day at daycare. When I looked at this, I was struck by just how tiny Audrey was. She's gotten so big that it's easy to forget she was once just as small as her baby brother. 


It's also really sinking in that we've lived in this house now longer than we've lived anywhere else during our marriage.  As a result, we've been playing at the park across the street for nearly 7 years now. The kids love playing at the park, and I love taking pictures of them playing at the park. I found these pictures of the kids all in the same tunnel. Barrett and Audrey are both 4 when their pictures were taken. 



As a parent, watching your children grow older is bittersweet. I hope I can continue to make memories that will last with all 3 of them. And that I never forget how they were when they were babies, toddlers, and so on up until today. They are pretty fantastic humans, and I am so thankful they are in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment