Thursday, August 15, 2019

Back to School Days

The other day, I caught myself telling a friend that I was looking forward to school getting underway and getting back into the associated routines. I was shocked, but at the same time not at all surprised, by just how much like a parent I sounded! This summer really has been a great one for the kids. We've done A LOT.  They've done A LOT. Every week, they go 2 or 3 places, spend time at the park, and try out all of the board games in the game closet. They've also had camps and TONS of time living the lake life. Despite all of that, THEY'RE EXCITED TO START SCHOOL AGAIN TOO. 

That's right. Fletcher was probably the most excited. He actually threw a fit when we were leaving his school after a meet and greet with his teachers earlier in the week. Every time we talk about him going to school, he grins and giggles. Barrett and Audrey, surprisingly enough, were excited as well. They both have good friends with them in class and seem to be looking forward to the learning part of things too.  I doubt any of us are really ready for all of the homework, but I'll just choose not to think about that until it starts rolling in a couple of weeks from now. 

So, without further ado, we have the obligatory internet post of first day of school photos.  We really struggled to get a solid group shot, so I am sharing the "best" one that we have AND the one that's my favorite.


"Best Shot" 


Mom's Favorite 



Fletcher's first day of Preschool.


Barrett's first day of 2nd Grade.


And Audrey's first day of 5th grade, which is also her last first day of elementary school. 

Here's to a great 2019/2020 school year for all 3 kiddos filled with lots of learning, frienship, and fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment