Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Daddy Post

So here is the deal... Your mom is awesome! I just hope you all remember that one day when you are reading through these posts. She does such an amazing job of documenting the moments of your lives. One day I think you will look back at all these post and realize that much of it was stress relief for her, but still you will cherish her words. So hear I am putting my thoughts on paper so you can have a dad post. Well I hate writing, so I am really doing this to show you all how much I love you. It is so amazing to see you all get older and how you interact in the world. Audrey the little engineer, Barrett who is so helpful and compassionate, and Fletcher who just so dang fun to talk to at this age. All of you remind of your mother in so many ways (smart, caring, compassionate, and direct). I hope that all never changes.

I know this past year has been tough on you all and your mother as I have been traveling a ton for work. It seems like my position at Boeing keeps me so busy with travel away from home, but I do get to work the most talented people and on some amazing products. I thought I would throw in a few pictures to document some of the fun things I have worked on and in a way you have all supported by being good for mom. I figured you might enjoy this as you kids have really taken a love of Aerospace the past few years, so I am hoping that wont change when you get older and look back.


F/A-18EF - Not of ton of travel here, but I worked for GKN Aerospace at the time. This is where I learned a ton about composite fabrication.


F-15 Saudi Advance - Many days spent away from you all in Israel, Vermont, California, Texas, and Iowa. This is a picture of the flight test aircraft, which dad supported a few days in Palmdale, CA on a big issue. The best trip I have had was out to Utah to do sled testing for a new helmet.


Boeing 777X - Which most of the leading and trailing edges, control surfaces, and wing tip folds are built in STL. Dad's team was responsible for completing all the tools that built these components. I think spent a couple trips a month in Detroit, MI for a year supporting this project.


Boeing Phantom Express - Many days spent away from you all in Huntington Beach, CA and Kennedy Space Center

Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment