Monday, September 3, 2018

Everybody Skis

This weekend, my mom declared it to be the weekend where "everybody skis."  We were at the lake in Greenville, and growing up, that was basically every weekend in the summer.  We didn't have a dock or anything, so the vast majority of the day was spent on the boat.  My brother and I skied and tubed and wakeboarded at least once a day when we were at the lake.

Fast forward to today.  We split our time between the lake in Greenville and Lake of the Ozarks.  They are so different, so they offer many different things.  At Lake O, if you want to ski, it has to be early, or the water gets too choppy.  We have skis for the kids, but they never seem to be at the right lake at the right time.  So, much to my surprise, none of my children can ski.  As much as we are at some lake during the summer, that may shock you.  I guess I don't count Fletcher in this, since he is only 2, but that didn't exempt him completely from Everybody Skis weekend.

In true form, we all skied.  Well, Brian and Barret wakeboarded. And here's the proof.

Brian on the wakeboard.



Barrett on the wakeboard.  He did a great job.  This is his second time trying this summer.  It took some convincing to get him to try today, but once he started trying, he didn't want to stop.  The last time he went a decent distance before he fell.  It was awesome to see him try.



Audrey water skiing. She used adult skis this year instead of the kid skis because she's gotten so tall.  Audrey got scared any time she was a little shaky and let go, so she didn't go very far.  I have confidence that if she just hung on and kept her butt down she'd get it.  I am just glad that she faced her fear and tried. She definitely made her momma proud.


Me water skiing.



Billy water skiing.



My mom water skiing.



My dad did attempt to ski.  He hasn't skied in a few years though, so I don't have any shots of him out of the water. It's still great to see him try.  That sets a great example for the kiddos!

Laurenn water skiing.



And finally, since Fletcher couldn't ski, he tubed for the first time.  He was not a fan though.  He was a trooper and made it a little ways before Barrett hopped on the tube in our place.


I think Fletcher's favorite place was in the boat though.  He really liked watching his brother and sister tube.



All in all, it was a great weekend.  Knowing that it was the last before hockey starts and all of the other activities, I'd say we really made the most of it.  And, I think the Everybody Skis weekend is a new tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment