Sunday, May 6, 2018

Side by Side

Spring always makes me a little nostalgic. Outdoors, everything starts to grow again, so it's fun to think back to the past and consider how things have changed.  I also find myself wanting to take more pictures in the spring because of how nature explodes with color and how the sunlight sticks around into the evenings to illuminate everything.So, in celebration of spring, sunlight, and all of the photos I've taken over the years, here are some side by side shots for easy comparison.

I went to the Mother-Son dance with Barrett today at his school.  Having a dance with boys is just a little different than having one with girls.  This one isn't time lapse, but it is still interesting to see the contrast of dress clothes and hockey jerseys.



Tripper has grown a lot over the past 5 months since he came to our home.  Here's the proof.


Now it's time to start some real time travel.  Flash back to 2013, our first spring in the house on Harwood.  We had just planted the tree in the front yard, and had little other landscaping to speak of.  We've come a long way for sure!


Now, we can't have a side by side without doing some comparison of the children.  So, here goes.  A photo of each child on their second birthday doing what every two year old loves to do...eating cake! 




I've got one more to bring it home.  Today, we went to the park for a bit and the kids rode their bikes.  It was fun to watch Fletcher ride the same trike that used to be Barrett's.  Hilariously enough, he rides it the same way using his feet to scoot it along instead of peddling.

 

I love watching my children make new memories. I also love that those memories sometimes remind me of days gone by.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment