Wednesday, March 1, 2017

As Time Goes By

The other day, a picture popped up on my Facebook page from 6 years ago.  It was just a picture of Audrey, grinning mischievously as she squeezed one of her baby dolls as tight as she could. 


As I saw the image, I was struck by just how much has changed in the past 6 years.  Two brothers, different house, and an almost 8 year-old Audrey. Thankfully, Audrey has a lot more hair now, but oddly enough, her hair at 22 months old closely resembles Fletcher's hair now. 

I was also struck by just how much Fletcher resembles Audrey when she was younger.  Because they are further apart in age and Barrett is a boy too, I think I sometimes miss the resemblance between my youngest and oldest. 


Thinking back on the past six years is a reminder again of just how blessed we are.  We've had our share of challenges, but God is good.  He is faithful.  He has brought us through each of those struggles to this moment.  As I sit and look out the window at the sunshine, I can't help but be thankful.  As much as I enjoy my career, adore my friends, and love my extended family, nothing melts my heart more than my husband and 3 precious kiddos.  I love them dearly, smoosh-face smiles and all.


That last one is of Barrett, in case you were wondering :)

No comments:

Post a Comment