Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Kids Say the Funniest Things

The past few weeks, it seems that our kids are just full of funny lines that are fodder for Jimmy Fallon.  So, I thought I'd help you exercise your abs with a bit of unintentional humor from my little ones.

Who will do our chores?
The kids were all going to stay with Nana and Papa for the night on Saturday.  That morning, we were packing their overnight bags and getting everything ready to go.  When Barrett brought his bag downstairs, Billy reminded him to do one of his morning chores, which is to feed the dogs.  As Barrett is scooping food into their bowls, he looks at Billy with a furrowed brow.  "Are Jack and Stella going with us, daddy?" he asked. 

"No," Billy replied.

Barrett paused for a moment, and then continued filling the dog bowls.  When he was done, he turned to Billy and said, "Daddy, I am worried about Jack and Stella.  How will they eat while we're gone?"

Billy smiled and said, "Mommy and daddy are staying here, so they'll be here with us."

"I know," Barrett said, his frustration starting to show.  "But I won't be here and neither will Audrey, so how are the dogs going to eat?"


Abraham Lincoln
We had dinner with my parents and Billy's parents last night in Greenville.  As we were eating, Audrey was telling us about the walk they went on with Nana and Papa and some of the things they saw.  One of the sights was a house that Abraham Lincoln had visited.  Lana said Audrey read the historical site plaque all by herself so she would know the significance of that house.  My mom mentioned that the house she and dad lived in when I was born was nearby there.  So, I turned to Audrey and said, "I bet you didn't know you probably saw the house I lived in when I was a baby."

Her eyes got wide with excitement and her head bounced a bit as she said, "So, did you get to meet Abraham Lincoln?  Did you see him when he visited the house down the street?" 


No comments:

Post a Comment