Sunday, November 6, 2016

Prehistoric Space Pirates

Themed family costumes for Halloween are all the rage these days.  I don't know if that's always been a thing or not...I just know my family never did it growing up.  I've tried to get Audrey and Barrett to have at least somewhat related costumes each year, but this year there was no agreement between them.  Audrey insisted on being a pirate and Barrett wanted to be Darth Vader. 
Since there was no obvious theme, we dressed up Fletcher in the same monkey costume Audrey wore as a baby. 



 Then, you throw in my fourth child (a.k.a. my husband) that insisted on being a dinosaur.  What do you call a family with costumes that include a pirate, monkey, dinosaur, and Darth Vader.  Well, the best title I can thing I can come up with is Prehistoric Space Pirates.  So, i guess that's what we went as.  The important thing is that we all had fun and the kiddos looked incredibly cute.  Even our Darth Vader who literally ran from house to house and was dripping with sweat by the end of the night (it was almost 80 degrees after all), would be considered adorable by most. 


Some may argue that the best part of Halloween is the costumes. Others (including my older kids) will say the candy. I think it's just the opportunity to have fun together as a family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment