Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Full

Since Fletcher has arrived, many people have asked what it is like having 3 children. My response to this point has not been very well formed.  I just spout something about Fletcher being on the go more because his older siblings have more going on.  Recently though, I have really been reflecting on that question and looking at how our lives have changed.  So, my response now is that we're definitely busy, but it is manageable.  And, more than anything, being a family of five just feels right for us. 

When you have a child, you come to know a new kind of unconditional love.  It doesn't detract from love that you have for anyone else; it seems like it is just added on top of the other love you have in your life like putting an addition on a house.  Similarly, the more children I've had, the more additions have been added to my heart.  It is hard to believe that you can have so much love in your life, but it is something I wouldn't trade for the world. 

When we were driving home from the lake of the Ozarks a couple of weeks ago, I experienced the fullness that all three of those lovely additions give to my heart.  Audrey and Barrett were both asleep in the back seat.  Barrett was using Jackson as a pillow and Audrey was catching flies.  Fletcher was snuggled up in his car seat snoozing as well.  As I looked at all three of my precious babies sleeping, in that moment I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the love they've added to my life.  I am so blessed to have three wonderful, amazing human beings that God has charged to my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment