Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Blessed with Love

Today I had a few moments where I was able to slow down from the rush of the day and just enjoy my children.  I need to do that more.  They are such wonderful little human beings, and they love me better than I deserve.  Here are just a few of the moments from today that uplifted me and made my heart smile.
  • Barrett was waiting outside of the bathroom door to greet me when I got out of the shower this morning.  We've been working on getting him to consistently poop in the toilet, and evidently, he had to go.  I ran (literally) into the kid's bathroom to grab the potty seat and brought it back to my bathroom (hoping he wouldn't wake his sister).  He was sitting there as I began to put on my makeup and get ready for work.  I could tell he was getting antsy, so I offered him a magazine to read.  He gladly grabbed the Sports Illustrated from my hand.  On the cover was a football player, which Barrett knew immediately.  "He playing football," he said.  "Awww, that is so cute.  He likes football.  That is just so cute."  Can you tell he has an older sister that likes to look at the American Girl magazine and talk about how cute everything is?
  • Barrett and I walked into the building where Audrey has camp to pick her up.  She was sitting at a table frantically working to finish up a craft.  I got her backpack and lunch bag, and walked over to her.  When she finished her project, a mask she was coloring, she walked over to her brother and put it on his head.  He was beaming from ear to ear.  He kept it on until we were almost home, despite the fact that he could barely see out of it.
  • While Billy was making dinner, I sat on the couch and Barrett came running over and climbed up there with me.  "I 'nuggle you," he said as he gave me the biggest hug he could possible give.  I proceeded to hug him back until he was ready to get loose, but I continued to hold him.  That resulted in a stream of his adorable belly laughs. 
This things seem silly and almost not worth writing about.  I decided to write them down though, because in 10, 15, 25 years, I want to remember those moments.  I want to be able to look back and recall not just the big moments in the lives of my children, but also the small ones where they shared the love in their hearts and brought a smile to my face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment