Saturday, April 12, 2014

Coast to Coast

The past week has been a crazy one in the Nance household.  Billy and I were on separate coasts while the children stayed put in the Midwest.  



Those pictures were seriously taken in the past 5 days by a resident of our household.  Billy left Sunday and was supposed to be home Wednesday from California.  I was to leave Wednesday and come home Thursday from Washington, DC.  Billy got delayed an extra day, so his parents stepped in to watch the kids while I was gone. 

As stressed as I was in the moment when I found out Billy wouldn't be home Wednesday, I was still able to stop and smell the roses...well, cherry blossoms actually.  My meeting was in a building right next to where the cherry blossom festival was going on; so, after it was over, I went for a stroll and acted like a tourist for a while. 


Billy also found some time for fun on his trip.  In fact, he called up one of my sorority sisters that lives in San Francisco and went out to dinner with her one night. 


In moments like this, I sometimes can't believe this is my life.  I am so blessed in so many ways.  It is pretty unreal.  That doesn't mean I don't get stressed to the point of tears when I don't know how I am going to care for my children because my husband and I have work trips at the same time (that totally happened on Tuesday night).  We are so lucky to have parents nearby that bail us out and alleviate that stress. 

Thursday night when we were all home together again, it was almost heavenly.  Barrett still wouldn't stay in his chair during dinner, and Audrey whined about pretty much everything, but Billy and I didn't care.  It was so good to be home, and even better to be together as a complete family unit again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment