Saturday, August 17, 2013

West County Observation #1

Our move to West County has been more difficult than I could have expected.  For those of you not from St. Louis, it is basically just being in the middle of the suburbs.  With me, it is really a love/hate relationship.  There are aspects of living here that I love such as the nearness of all sorts of retail stores, the number of parks, and our house itself.  There are also things I hate like my commute to work.  Somewhere between the things I love and the things I hate, there are also things that I find amusing.  Most of them are funny because they are unusual to me; I grew up in a small town, then lived in a university town, and then in the heart of the city.  When compared to all of those locales, West County is just...well...different.  I know to many people my observations will be obvious, but since they make me laugh, I decided I would start doing short blog posts to share my musings.


West County Observation #1:  Parents with small children travel in packs.  I am sure that it gives both the parents and children an opportunity to socialize, but to the unsuspecting family of four that enters Baskin Robbins on Friday evening after dinner, watch out!  Two groups of Two or three couples with 5 to 10 children between them can fill up an ice cream shop faster than you can say "mint chocolate chip please." 

No comments:

Post a Comment