Sunday, June 30, 2013

Audrey's Insights

Audrey has been acting so grown up lately.  Here are just a few examples that I want to share.
*************************************************
One morning last week, Audrey was getting dressed in the bathroom while I was in my bathroom getting ready for work.  I heard a light thud, but didn't think much of it.  Then, I heard Audrey call for me.  I walked into the bathroom, where she stood half dressed.  "Mommy," she said, "I just hit my head on the bathtub while I was putting on  my clothes.  I just wanted to make sure you know I am ok.  It hurt, but I was very brave."

*************************************************
One evening after dinner, Audrey turned to me and said, "Mommy, I want to be a doctor for Halloween." 

"That sounds like a good idea," I replied.  "We will have to remember that when it gets closer to Halloween. 

Later that same night, she informed her dad of this choice.  "Why do you want to be a doctor," he asked. 

Without missing a beat, she responded, "I want to be a doctor because they help people feel better like God helps people feel better." 


**************************************************
We were driving home from school this past week.  It was a sunny day, but there were still a lot of big, white, fluffy looking clouds in the sky.  Audrey looked out the sunroof for a while, and then the questions started.  "Why are some of the clouds gray?" she asked.

"The bottom part of the cloud is gray because it is in the shadow of the rest of the cloud," I explained. 

She thought about that for a while before starting again.  "That cloud over there has the Holy Spirit in it."

Surprised, I inquired, "How do you know that?"

"Because.  The Holy Spirit lives on earth. That is waht we learned in my class at church. See that cloud up there?  The one that looks like a seahorse?  That one has the Holy Spirit."








No comments:

Post a Comment