Monday, December 6, 2010

Picking and Choosing

I thought that I would have at least 3 years with  complete control of Audrey’s wardrobe as a mother.  Evidentially, I overestimated by double.  Audrey is beginning to have an opinion about her clothes.  At this point, I am thinking comfort governs more than fashion, but I could be wrong.  Nonetheless, she picked out her own new shoes when we went shopping Friday.
I did not set out that day necessarily intending to buy new shoes for her.  My goal was to look around and see what size she needed and what is available in terms of fall styles.  We stopped at one shoe store, and Audrey set her sights on the first pair of shoes we tried on.  They are difficult to describe, but very cute I assure you.  The color is sort of a metallic, plum-brown color and they have pink accents.  They are a cross between a tennis shoe and a T-strap.  I know…they don’t sound very cute at this point, but I assure you, as much as I want Audrey to be an independent individual, I do practice my influence when I feel her decision is all wrong (i.e. our frequent disagreements over playing with dog food and dumping her drink on the ground so she can smear the liquid all over the floor). 
We are spent Labor Day with my mom’s family and all of Audrey’s cousins.  She had  a good time playing with her cousin Ryan. She was also having fun pretending to drive her daddy’s stand-up Jet Ski.  There are a bunch of pictures in the Labor Day folder that show all of her weekend exploits, including the Tiger tailgate before the Mizzou v. Illinois Border Rivalry football game.  We didn’t go to the game, but the tailgate was only a few blocks from our house. You’ll have to check out all of the pictures I added to the Summer 2010 album too; I just got a bunch from my mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment