Sunday, August 27, 2017

On the Shores of Lake Michigan

This post is a couple of weeks late, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to capture in writing our fantastic family vacation this summer.  I am quire confident that God had this planned all along, because everything aligned and fell into place to make this a idyllic family trip. I mean, just look at how picture perfect this place is!


It all started with a text.  My good friend Nancy planted the idea, and even had a date in mind.  Miraculously, we were able to make the date work.  The plan was to visit the shores of Lake Michigan for our little trip.  After a lot of searching, we found a house to rent (well, I should say Nancy and Louis did) and the rest just fell into place.   My kids are already talking about what we'll do when we go back next year.

So, here are a few highlights from the trip.  And to make it fun and make sure I don't ramble on too long, I'll do it in the form of a top 10 countdown.

10 Thousand Lego pieces (ok, that may be a slight exaggeration)

9 hours straight on the beach in one day

8 miles walked around South Haven sightseeing (or so it seemed)

7 meals together at the rental house


6 Children 

5 Krelles and 5 Nances
 

 4 pizzas on the beach

3 Mermaids buried in sand 

2 kid kayaks and 2 paddelboards

1 standup jet ski

The best part of the weekend was the quality time I got to spend with one of my best friends and her beautiful family.  We even got to wish our friend Louis a happy birthday with some unintentionally tricky candles. What a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment