Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Perspective

From time to time, we all need to see the world from a different perspective so we can adjust our perspective of our own situation.  Lord knows I have been in need of that lately.  So, he sent some people into my life to provide that perspective.  I have been so focused on me, my pregnancy, and everything that I do or do not want to happen as it relates to the arrival of this baby.  My extreme selfishness has been stressing me out and making me extremely irritable. By the time I went to bed last Friday, I was driving myself so crazy that I thought I was going to lose my mind.  I was in desperate need of a good dose of humility.  That humility came in the form of a few good women who, completely unbeknownst to them I am sure, showed me just how selfish I was being and how it was me, no one else, that was making me miserable. 
 
I realized through just everyday conversations with these women just how blessed I am.  I also realized that despite my blessings, I was focusing so much on the things that I couldn’t control (like when this baby is born) instead of spending my energy in a more positive way (like reigning in my crabbiness or finding joy in the blessings I have).  I came to the conclusion that I want to find the joy in these last few days before my third baby’s arrival.
 
That simple shift in my thinking has made a huge impact over the past 2 days. On Sunday, despite doing really no pre-planning for Audrey’s birthday, we had a great day.  Yesterday at work, the shift in my thinking resulted in the first day for weeks where no one made a comment to me about how tired or worn out I look.  I am sure keeping this perspective will still be an uphill battle, and probably even more so after the baby is born. But I am so thankful to have a God who continues to give me grace and gently put me in my place so I can see the joy he has put into my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment