Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Audrey the First Grader

Today was a big day for Miss Audrey, our new first grader.  She was all smiles for her first day of school, despite a bit of nervousness that she admitted to.  Upon her own report, it was a great day and she did NOT get in trouble.  That is the first thing she told me when I asked how her day went.  It is a bit sad that she jumped directly to that, but I hope she has such a good year that her getting into daily trouble becomes a distant memory.  
 
When she got home, Audrey completed her first homework assignment.  It was writing three words that describe the perfect teacher and then she had to illustrate that.  She quickly got to work and got the assignment done.  Her excitement about having homework is admirable, but we'll see how long it lasts.  It is only the first day, but so far we are off to a much better start for first grade than we had for kindergarten.  I attribute much of that to the fact that there are already many familiar people and aspects to this routine.  Audrey has a couple of good friends from her kindergarten class in her first grade class.  She also gets to see all of her other kindergarten friends at recess.  I am just so thankful for this excellent start.  I love seeing my daughters smiling face and knowing that she enjoys being at school!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment