Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunny Days

When I get to work in the morning, the sun is barely coming up.  By the time I leave, it is setting.  That is the part of winter that depresses me the most; the sun is only up for a few hours a day, and I am at work for most of them during the week.  So, on the weekends, I like to soak up the sunshine.    Warm sunshine on a cold winter day cheers the heart and warms the soul.   The windows in our living room face west, so in the afternoon, that is the perfect place to soak the sunshine in.  This weekend, it has actually been warm enough to go outside to enjoy some of the sun's rays.  It has really refreshed everyone in our family to help get us through this last stretch of winter. 

Not only does sunshine warm the heart and soul, but it also great for taking photos!  I've been playing with using the natural light with our new camera to take pictures. Here are a couple of my recent. successes.


No comments:

Post a Comment