Saturday, January 25, 2014

Life Jackets Rock

Today at swimming lessons, both Audrey and Barrett's classes worked with life jackets.  I was in the pool with Barrett, and as soon as he saw the instructor with the life jacket, he started pointing and saying "that."  I could not get the life jacket on him fast enough.  All of the other toddlers were trying to get out of theirs and some were even screaming.  Barrett laid back with his head on the head pillow and chilled.  He was smiling the whole time.

The bigger kids have the life jackets without the head support.  As soon as Audrey had hers on, she decided she was ready for the deep end of the pool.  The teachers had to chase her down to keep her with the rest of the class.  When I asked her about it, her response was that she tried to sneak away.  I guess she is so comfortable in the water with her life jacket on that she was bored staying with the rest of the class.

All that said, the time we spend at the lakes during the summer drilling the importance of wearing life jackets into their heads has worked.  Even though I clearly want Audrey to listen to her teachers, it makes me very proud that my kids are so comfortable with their life jackets.  They truly are lake rats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment