Monday, January 26, 2009

Inside the Mind of the Mom

It is hard to believe that little Audrey is due just over 2 months from today (65 days to be exact).  I think it seems like it is getting so close to everyone, except me.  My stomach feels so huge, it is hard to imagine it getting much larger, and the Braxton Hicks contractions have started.  Did I mention I can only fit my swollen feet into 4 pairs of my shoes?  I have completely given up on wearing boots or anything with a heel. 
Despite the discomforts of pregnancy, we are trying to stay focused on making the most of our 65 days.  We bought a changing table this weekend to go with the crib that Billy’s mom is going to refinish (it was Billy’s crib when he was a baby).  We have also narrowed our lists for childcare providers and pediatricians.  That leaves only a couple more administrative details to be completed, so then we can focus on the fun stuff!   I went shopping with my mom this weekend, and we couldn’t resist buying some baby clothes.  It is amazing how many adorable baby outfits are out there.  I absolutely love all of the brightly colored summer dresses and rompers!  I have to practice a great deal of self-control to not buy everything I think is cute.   I do have to say, I think this will be one fashionable baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment