Monday, February 3, 2014

Goodbye G

My father-in-law always says you shouldn't get sentimental about a car.  I always thought he was right to say that, until recently. 

Last week, we bought a 2011 Infiniti M37x from my parents.  Audrey was with them when the bought it, so my mom calls it Audrey's car.  I guess it was always meant to be.  When my parents dropped off the car Friday, my mom brought a few pictures of Audrey in the car the first day they had it.



The unfortunate part of buying the M is that it meant we said goodbye to the car that we've had since the first year we were married.  In January 2006, we bought our 2003 Infiniti G35 from my parents (notice any patterns here?), and it became Billy's car.  For the past 8 years, he has driven that car almost every day.  Today, we signed it over to a new owner, and we said goodbye to the G for good.  We said goodbye to the car that drove our baby girl home from the hospital.  We said goodbye to the car that got me to the hospital to deliver said baby.  We said goodbye to the car that, even at 11 years old, still felt cool to drive.  We said goodbye to a car that has taken us many miles across Missouri, Illinois, and even to Gulf Shores, Alabama for the Ballinger nuptials this past August.  As I sit here writing this, it is hard to believe it's been 8 years.  Time really does fly, just like that car.  Goodbye G...we will miss you!




No comments:

Post a Comment