Saturday, November 9, 2013

West County Observation #3

When you live in the city or even in the Clayton/University City area, parking space comes at a premium.  It can seem nearly impossible to find a parking spot that you don't have to pay for or walk a few blocks from your car to your final destination.  Then, if you do find a spot, the chance that there is enough space for you to get out between your car and the car next to it is almost laughable.  Moving to West County, not only is the parking easy to come by, but the spots are all SUV sized.  For someone that isn't the world's best parker, like me, that is a truly magnificent improvement. 

This past week, I have not been feeling well.  After the bizarre stomach bug that hit Billy, Barrett and I last Saturday, I quickly caught a cold, which turned into a sinus infection.  Now, I don't know about you, but when my head is full of gunk and feeling like it's about to explode, the last thing I want to do is go to the pharmacy to pick up medicine.  Living in the city, that required finding the coveted parking spot near the door of the store, unloading the kids, and navigating through the pharmacy while trying not to touch anything so as not to spread the infection in my head.  This whole ordeal could take 15 or 20 minutes.  However, in West County where the parking spots are ample, everything also has a drive through, including pharmacies.  When you feel awful and just want to go home after a long day at work, the drive through pharmacy is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  As I pulled up to the Walgreen's drive-through Thursday night, I could almost hear the angelic choirs singing all around me.  In less than 5 minutes, I had my antibiotics and was on my way, and I never had to leave the comfort of my car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment