Friday, January 11, 2013

He's Mobile!

I had been saying for a few weeks that Barrett always had someone's attention, so he lacked the necesary motivation to learn to crawl.  He is always trying to pull up on things already, so I had also been saying that he would walk before he would crawl.  Well, I think the process of moving gave him the alone time he needed to work through the process of crawling.  Monday, he managed to move himself a couple of feet to try to get into some papers I had on the floor.  Yesterday, he crawled halfway across the living room.  I think it is time to start childproofing the new house!

As if that wasn't enough, we think Barrett has said his first word.  He likes the "B" sound, and makes it constantly.  However, Billy noticed yesterday (when he was home with Barrett, because Barrett has an ear infection and cold) that he was repeating the "ba" noise twice when he saw a bottle.  That's right, he's a hungry boy and his first word is "ba-ba." 

With moving and Barrett being sick, I have fallen behind on taking photos.  I will catch up and include some with my next post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment