Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Time Has Come

After more than 5 years of downtown living, the time has come to say goodbye to the Marquette. While we are still working through the inspection phase of the process, we have a signed contract and a set closing date. It is definitely a bittersweet move for us. We are looking forward to having more space and a separate bedroom for baby boy. On the other hand, we will miss the condo that we designed to our taste, my short commute, and the excitement of living downtown. God has been at work throughout this process, so I feel confident that this is his will for us. As overwhelming as all of this can be for me at times, I know we are so blessed to be where we are and have the options we have. I just hope that we can get through the next 35 days of signing paperwork, planning logistics, packing, and moving with our sanity intact.
Audrey seems very excited about moving to a “new house.” We are going to rent for a year, so there is a good change it will actually be a duplex or townhouse, but to her it’s all the same. After all, we call our condo in the Marquette a house. She’ll get to move into her big girl bed with the move, so I’ve also gotten her excited by talking about that and the fact that she’ll get to pick out new blankets to put on her new bed.
Once we’ve moved and gotten settled, we’ll really dive into the final preparations for baby boy. Among those is choosing a name, so no need to ask; we don’t have one picked out yet. It will definitely be nice to have the big move out of the way and to be settled before he is born. The timing of this is pretty perfect really, but I guess God knew that all along.
As I side note, I hope my title at least tricked a couple of people into thinking I was going into labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment