Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall is here!

I am thankful to live in a place where we have seasons. Yes, I know that by the end of the summer I am complaining about the heat, and by the end of the winter I can't stand the cold. But right now, as we usher in a new season, I am struck by how wonderful it is each time we welcome a new season here in the Midwest. At the beginning of each summer, I am always glad for the warm sun, the time out on the water and being outdoors. By this time of year, however, I am excited for milder days and cooler nights.

This year, fall is bringing an exciting new element, because Audrey is at the age where playing dress up is fun and delighting for her. Thus, she is looking forward to halloween. We already have her costume; it is a sort of bumblebee princess outfit. We let her try it on this morning, and she was very proud of it. She was also singing the Baby Bumblebee song at the top of her lungs. That is somewhat of a norm around here these days (Audrey singing at the top of her lungs), but it just makes it more adorable when she is singing about bumblebees while dressed up like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment