Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Toaster Man!

After a long day at the Lake of the Ozarks annual shootout, Lana, Mom, Audrey and I headed back to the lake house by land while the boys stayed on the boat for the night. While we were eating dinner, we were talking about how tired being out on the water all day can make you. At one point, Lana described that, after a long day on the water, "I'm toast, man." Now, Audrey has recently started repeating many words and phrases that we say, and Lana's inflection caught her interest, so she decided to start repeating what Lana had said. However, Audrey's interpretation was a little off; she started repeating, "I toaster, man." Of course, the three adults in the room started laughing hysterically, which only prompted Audrey to repeat the phrase over and over again. She has continued to say it off and on since then, and each time I giggle to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment