Monday, May 9, 2011

Watering Flowers

While we were on vacation, Audrey visited with her Nana and Papa (Nance) and Ma-Ma and Papa (York) for a few days each. During that time, my mom was determined to start the process of potty training. We have let Audrey wear big girl undies a few evenings at home, but since she has never actually done anything in the potty, have not let her leave the house without a diaper. My mom's determination, however, overshadowed her fear of the potential (and practically inevitable) potty training accidents.

Monday night, my brave mother put big-girl undies on Audrey before strapping her in the car seat to drive to Wal-Mart in Highland, which is about 30 miles away from Greenville. The purpose of the trip was for Audrey to pick out some more undies and a big-girl potty to keep at Ma-ma's house. As my mom told me about the trip, I was astonished when she informed me that Audrey made it through the entire car ride without an accident. They went into the store, and Audrey took her post sitting in the cart. The first thing my mom picked up were some artificial flowers to put at my Grandma and Grandpa's gravesite. The pair continued through the store, until Audrey started saying "uh-oh." Initially, my mom said that she didn't notice that anything was amiss. Upon closer inspection, however, she noticed that Audrey had "watered" the flowers. Oh, the joys of potty training.

No comments:

Post a Comment