Sunday, April 24, 2011

Christ is Risen!

Happy Easter to all of our family and friends!  Easter is such an exciting time with spring in full bloom and summer right around the corner.  The traditions of Easter egg hunts and Easter dresses with hats are wonderful and fun, but every time I hear the hymn "Christ he Lord is Risen Today," my heart jumps with joy.  Here is one verse of that hymn that, as I sang it in church this morning, really resonated in my heart.

"Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids him rise, Alleluia!
Christ has opened paradise, Alleluia! "

Because Christ died, we don't fear death, and even though we're not perfect, we can live with the hope that someday we too will be a part of that paradise.  With a message like that in my heart, it had to be a great day.  If that wasn't enough, I also got to see Audrey play in her Easter dress, hunt for eggs, and discover the hidden chocolate inside of them.  Here is one of my favorite shots of her, but there are many more on the Picasa website where we post our photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment