Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Snow All Gone?

Near the end of last week, Audrey finally started articulating what I am guessing had been on her mind for a couple of weeks. She was riding home from school with daddy when she started repeating, “Snow, all gone” in a low, sad tone. At that point, we hadn’t had any snow for a few weeks, so I am sure that she was just now voicing her lament because she was finally able to put the words together to express it. I think that Audrey was quietly wishing for more snow each time she expressed her lament at the fact that it was gone.

Yesterday morning, much to the surprise of all adults in the area, Audrey got her wish. We woke up to snow falling from the sky. I’m not talking little wimpy snow flurries; I am talking about big, wet flakes that fell for several hours. We even had about an inch of accumulation on the dog park by the end of the day yesterday. I am sure it all melted today. Snow yesterday and 65 degrees tomorrow…welcome to the Midwest!

No comments:

Post a Comment